1. Download the Volkov Commander
Go to VC index: http://vc.kiev.ua/download/
Select one (I’ve taken this one «vc405sw.zip») & download.
2. Create special folder in your home. I’ve named it «DOS»
3. Put here the unzipped folder with Volkov Commander. I’ve named it «VC»
4. Go to «.dosbox» folder. It’s located at you home folder. You should mark «Show hidden files» in View menu.
5. Here you could see the «dosbox-….conf». Edit it.
6. Go to end of the file. You’ll see the [autoexec] section.
7. Place these 3 lines in the end of a file
mount c ~/DOS
8. Save the file. Launch DosBox. See nice Volkov Commander in action»
9. You are true retro now. And also you have the nicest shell for DOS ever.